In certain extreme conditions, you may want to re-initialize your Unleashed Master AP and reset
it to factory default state. Once the Unleashed Master has been reset to factory default state,
all AP logs, client logs, application data and other records, wireless networks, user accounts,
and any other configuration settings will need to be reconfigured.
To reset your Unleashed Master AP to factory default settings:
- Go to Admin & Services > Administer > Backup & Restore.
- Click Restore to Factory Settings.
- Click OK to confirm.
- The Restoring Unleashed to factory settings progress screen appears.
Wait for this progress screen to finish before attempting to login again.
- Repeat the setup initial setup and configuration procedures as described in Setting Up an Unleashed WiFi Network.
Restore Factory Settings progress screen
Alternate Factory Default Reset Method
If you are unable to complete a software-based resetting of Unleashed, you can do the
following "hard" restore:
Note: Do not disconnect the Unleashed Master AP from its power source
until this procedure is complete.
- Locate the Reset pin hole on the rear panel of the Unleashed Master AP.
- Insert a straightened paper clip in the hole and press for at least 6 seconds.
- After the reset is complete, the PWR LED will initially be solid red, indicating bootup in
process, then blinks green, indicating that the system is in factory default state.
- After you complete the Setup Wizard, the PWR LED will be steady green.