Step 3: Customize Your Wireless LANs
Once the Unleashed Master AP has been initialized, you can fine-tune the settings of your first WLAN (that you created during the setup wizard), and create any additional WLANs needed prior to attaching additional Unleashed member APs.
Then, when you deploy additional member APs in whatever order you prefer, they will automatically retrieve all WLAN configuration settings (and any other settings you have configured) from the Unleashed Master AP.
To customize an existing wireless LAN:
Dashboard, click anywhere in the
Wi-Fi Networks section to expand the display of your deployed WLANs.
Figure 36 Click the Wi-Fi networks section to expand
Select the WLAN box from the list on the left, and click the
Edit button to edit the WLAN's settings.
Figure 37 Select WLAN and click Edit to configure the WLAN settings
Configure the following WLAN settings:
NOTEFor information on additional WLAN configuration options, see WLAN Configuration.
- Name: Enter a recognizable Name for this WLAN.
- Usage Type: Select Standard for most typical wireless network usage scenarios. Select Guest Access to create a Guest WLAN, or select Hotspot to create a Hotspot WLAN.
- Authentication: Select Open, for open authentication, or authenticate users against an external authentication server using 802.1X or MAC address.
- Authentication Server: Select an AAA server (or Local Database) to authenticate users when 8021.X or MAC authentication method is selected.
- Encryption Method: Select WPA2 for standard wireless security. Select None for no encryption.
- Passphrase: Enter a WPA2 password for use when connecting to this WLAN if WPA2 is selected.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Repeat for any additional WLANs you would like to create. All WLANs will be deployed to each new member AP as soon as it joins the Unleashed network.
Figure 38 Configure your first WLAN