In addition to the initial WLAN you created during the Setup Wizard process, you can
create new WLANs using the Wi-Fi Networks section.
To create a new WLAN, expand the Wi-Fi Networks section
and click Create.
Click Create to create a new WLAN
Creating a new WLAN
Select the WLAN Usage Type from the following
- Standard: Use this WLAN type for most regular
wireless network usage.
- Guest Access: Use this WLAN type for a guest
WLAN. Guest access policies and access controls will be applied. For more
information, see Guest WLANs.
- Hotspot Service: Use this WLAN type for a Hotspot
(aka, WISPr) WLAN. If Hotspot is used, a Hotspot Service must first be
configured on the Admin & Services > Services > Hotspot
Service page (or from the Wi-Fi Networks > Create
WLAN> Create Service page). For more information, see Hotspot Services.
- Social Media: Social Media WLANs require the
visitor to log in using a social media account before being granted Internet
access. For more information, see Social Media WLANs.
Select the Authentication Method to use:
Note: Unless using an external authentication server (i.e., RADIUS server)
select Open authentication, and combine with
WPA2 encryption for secure Wi-Fi access.
- Open: No authentication method is used.
- 802.1X EAP: Authentication against either the
internal database or an external RADIUS server.
- MAC Address: Authentication using the client's
MAC address against an external RADIUS server.
Select the Encryption Method to use:
- WPA2: Encrypt traffic using the WPA2 standard.
- None: No encryption; communications are sent in
Choose whether a Captive Portal will be used for
If either 802.1X EAP, MAC Address or Web Auth (Captive Portal) options are
chosen, select an Authentication Server from the list.
If an external authentication server is to be used rather than the
internal database, click Create Service to create
an AAA server object to authenticate against.
Alternatively, you can create AAA servers on the Admin
& Services > Services > AAA Servers
more information, see AAA Servers
Click OK to save your changes and deploy the new