The Bonjour Gateway service is essentially a list of rules for mapping services from
one VLAN to another. Using the Bonjour Gateway feature, the Unleashed AP serves as the
Bonjour proxy for forwarding Bonjour packets to the designated VLANs.
To configure rules for bridging Bonjour services across VLANs:
Go to Admin & Services > Services > Bonjour
Enable the check box next to Enable Bonjour gateway on
Click Create New to create a new Bonjour service.
Enter a Name and optionally a
Description for the service.
Click Create New to create a new rule.
In the Create New form, configure the following
- Bridge Service: Select the Bonjour service from
- Selecting "Other" allows you to create custom rules, for example,
creating a rule for "_googlecast._tcp" would allow you to bridge
Chromecast services across VLANs.
- From VLAN: Select the VLAN from which the Bonjour
service will be advertised.
- To VLAN: Select the VLAN to which the service
should be made available.
- Notes: Add optional notes for this rule.
Click OK to save your changes.
Repeat for any additional rules.
Click Apply to save the Bonjour Service.
Bonjour Gateway configuration
Create new Bonjour service