The Unleashed Master AP must be in factory default state to enable Gateway mode, and
Gateway mode can only be configured during the Setup Wizard.
To configure the Unleashed Master AP as a Gateway:
In factory default state, connect to the Unleashed Master AP and perform the
initial setup as described in Step 2: Log In and Run the Setup Wizard.
On the second wizard screen, Management IP, in
Gateway Mode, select
Designate which port will be the WAN (uplink) port. The Gateway AP must have at
least two Ethernet ports. Use the AP illustration below to identify which port
is LAN1 and LAN2 on the AP, and select the relevant port from the
Select WAN Port list.
Configure how the WAN (uplink) port obtains its IP address:
- Dynamic (DHCP): When Dynamic is selected, the WAN
port is assigned an IP address automatically.
- Static (Manual): When Static is selected, enter
an IP Address, Netmask and
Gateway address in the required fields, and
optionally enter primary/secondary DNS server addresses.
- PPPoE: When PPPoE is selected, enter the
PPPoE Username and PPPoE
Password in the fields provided.
Configure local subnet settings for the LAN port:
- LAN Port IP: Enter the IP address for the LAN
- LAN Port Netmask: Enter the Netmask.
- Starting IP: Enter the first IP address that will
be issued in this scope.
- Number of IPs: Enter the total number of
addresses in this scope.
- Lease Time: Select a duration for IP address
lease time from the list.
Click Next, and continue to complete the setup wizard.
Once setup is complete, the gateway AP will begin providing DHCP and NAT service
for clients, and clients will be assigned IP addresses from the DHCP scope that