By creating a Guest WLAN, visitors to your organization can be allowed limited (or
unlimited) access to your wireless network, with configurable guest access policies.
Once the Guest WLAN is deployed, visitors can be given the option to self-activate their
devices using a Self-Service Guest Pass, or authenticate to any of your internal WLANs using
Zero-IT activation via the BYOD Onboarding Portal, or both.
Unleashed provides the following options for different types of Guest WLANs:
- No authentication (open WLAN): Any client can connect, no password or captive portal
- Authentication with shared key: Any client can connect using the same shared password.
- Authentication with unique key (Guest Pass): Guest Pass keys must be generated for each
guest, either by an admin (guest pass operator), or using the Self-Service Guest Pass
- Admin generated: Each Guest Pass has to be generated by a guest pass operator.
- Self-service: Users can self-authenticate their clients to the guest WLAN, in one of
- No sponsor approval: No restrictions. Any client can request a Guest Pass, and
it will be provided immediately.
- Sponsor approval: Guests are required to request a Guest Pass, which must be
approved by a sponsor before being delivered to the user via email or SMS.