Long-reach multimode adaptor module
Ruckus ICX7150, ICX7250, and ICX7750 Ethernet switches require a long-Reach Multimode (LRM) adaptor module to support LRM optics connections.
The Ruckus LRM adaptor module has two 280 mm Twinax tails and two corresponding SFP+ sockets which operate independently. Power for each of the SFP+ sockets and for the adaptor is provided through the Twinax connections.
The LRM adaptor module requires FastIron software release 08.0.61 or later on the host Ruckus ICX switches. The LRM adaptor module is not field configurable, rather you can apply all configuration to the host switch port. Use the show lrm-adapter ethernet command to display the status of the LRM module.
LRM module part numbers
The LRM adaptor module is available in the models listed in the following table.
|10G-SFPP-LRM-1-ADP||10G LRM SFP+ Optic, 1-pack bundle with LRM adapter; includes a rack-mount bracket.|
|10G-SFPP-LRM-2-ADP||10G LRM SFP+ Optic, 2-pack bundle with LRM adapter; includes rack-mount brackets.|
|RMK-LRM-ADP||19-inch LRM Adapter Rack Mount Shelf Kit (supports 8 units).|
- Port 1
- Port 2
- Passive cable (280 mm)
- 10G LRM cages
- Adaptor body
The LRM adaptor module ships with either one or two LRM optics (10G-SFPP-LRM) depending on the model that you purchased.
LRM adaptor module specifications
- Compatible with SFP+ ports on the ICX7150, ICX7250, and ICX7750
- Two independent SFP+ sockets for LRM optics
- Two integrated Twinax cables for power and data connectivity to the host switch
- Each port can operate at either 1Gbps or 10Gbps
- System LED
- Link LEDs
|System status LEDs||LED off: No power
Amber: Power applied, no link
|Link status LEDs||Steady Green: Link up
Blinking Green: Link activity
ICX platform support for the LRM adaptor module
|Platform||Total number of modules supported||Total number of LRM connections|
|ICX7150-24 and -48 models||2||4|
|ICX7250-24 and -48 models||4||8|
|ICX7750-48F||6||12 (see the note below)|
- Maximum three LRM modules on ports 1/1/1 to 1/1/32
- Maximum three LRM modules on ports 1/1/33 to 1/1/48
Unpacking the LRM adaptor module
- One LRM adaptor module
- One or two L-shaped mounting bracket (depending on the model purchased)
- One or two 10G-SFPP-LRM optics (depending on the model purchased)
- China-RoHS Hazardous and Toxic Substance statement