Recovering from a lost password
If a password has been configured for the device but the password has been lost, you can regain Super User access to the device using the following procedure.
Recovery from a lost password requires direct access to the serial port and a system reset.
- Start a CLI session over the serial interface to the Ruckus ICX device.
- Reboot the device.
- While the system is booting, before the initial system prompt appears, enter b to enter the boot monitor mode.
- Enter no password. (You cannot abbreviate this command.)
- Enter boot. This command causes the device to bypass the system password check.
- After the console prompt reappears, assign a new password.