Configuring an Ethernet port
To configure an Ethernet port, perform the following steps.
- Click Configure on the left pane and select Port.
The ETHERNET Port Configuration window is displayed as shown in the figure below.Figure 91 Configuring an Ethernet port
For the Brocade FCX and Brocade ICX devices, select a unit ID in the
Select Stack Unit ID list and click
to display the information about a specific stack unit.
NOTEThe Select Stack Unit ID list is not available in the ETHERNET Port Configuration window for the Brocade FastIron SX devices.
Modify to modify the respective Ethernet port.
The Configure ETHERNET Port window is displayed as shown in the figure below.Figure 92 Modifying the port settings
- Type the name of the Ethernet port in the Name field.
Select the type of the port speed for
Speed Duplex, which can be one of the following:
- 10-full --10 Mbps, full duplex
- 10-half --10 Mbps, half duplex
- 100-full --100 Mbps, full duplex
- 100-half --100 Mbps, half duplex
- 1G-full-master --1 Gbps, full duplex master
- 1G-full-slave --1 Gbps, full duplex slave
- auto --Auto-negotiation
- Click Disable or Enable for Status to disable or enable an Ethernet port.
- Click Disable or Enable or Enable with neg-on for Flow Control . By default, flow control is enabled.
- Click Disable or Enable for Lock Address . If you click Enable , type the number of devices that can have access to a specific port in the Addr-count field.
- Click Disable or Enable for Route Only. If you click Enable , Layer 2 switching is disabled globally.
- Select the QoS priority for the port in the QOS list.
The message The change has been made is displayed. To reset the data entered in the configuration pane, click Reset.
To display the ETHERNET Port Configuration window, click Show ETHERNET Port Configuration .
To display the inline power statistics for a PoE stack device, click Show Inline Power. For more information, refer to the “Displaying port inline power for the Brocade FCX and Brocade ICX devices” section.